Monday, December 22, 2008

Home again

Well, we finally made it home, almost. We had to stay at my sister's house in Chicago because our car keys went to SC with my niece. Long story... We had a good trip home without event for the most part. It is great to be in the US where people speak English easily, but sad to leave our girls behind. We are told by our coordinator in Kras that we may be looking at a late January or early Feb court date, which would be great. We have some remarkable pictures to look back on, and some precious film which I will probably watch every day. We are so blessed to have been chosen to parent such beautiful children. Many have prayed to long hours for this to occur, and we thank you all. Your prayer for discernment and safety have been answered.

I met a man on the plane from New Orleans, a electrical engineer working with the oil industry, who was my first victim to show our pictures of the girls. He was endearing, having two grown girls of his own. A man just a few years older than myself, he held great wisdom in fathering. I talked with him about many aspects of fatherhood, and relayed my story of taking care of Deb when she was sick, and ME's about caring for Doug. I said how people seem to warn us about taking on the responsibility of two young ones all at once, and the caution each has for us. Even the director of the baby home cautioned us of parenting two new souls. This man I met said a very profound thing. He said, "you understand commitment". It is true, I believe, that MaryEllen and I understand commitment well. It was our commitment to love always, that helped us care for sick and dying spouses. It was our commitment to love that brought us to gether in the first place. And it was our commitment to God which allowed us to open our hearts so He could work in us and create the desire to adopt. This same commitment will allow us to open our hearts and love two new members to our family. We trust that God will lead the way, and pray that we are aware enough to follow.

From myself, MaryEllen, S and D,
we wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and pray that the Child, the one we celebrate, would be the center of your worship this year.

1 comment:

Jim B said...

Thanks for the updates. God is with you. Some issues he may lead you AROUND... other he may go THROUGH with you.

Have a Blessed Christmas. Blessed may take on a new menaing for you now.?<>?