Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We have completed the dossier part 2, and it is sent to CHSFS, our agency. A great burden has been lifted as we have been somewhat stressed about doing our part to expedite the process. Our little girls are depending on us. There may be one or two documents that may need to be redone, but hopefully not. Now we wait while the dossier is sent to Russia, translated, and then a court date can be set.

In the mean time we have been busy getting things together. We picked up the crib from my brother last weekend and put it up. It looks great. D is going to love it. MaryEllen is working with a friend to decide on colors for S's bed, D's quilt, and window coverings. We have been running around looking for deals on everything from car seats to strollers. It seems like I can't go to the store without picking something up for the girls. Today I had to buy some balls that were on sale.

I decided it was about time to figure out how to work my 8 year old video camera, so today I played with that for a while. These things are pretty neat. I also bought a cable so we can transfer the 8mm tape to a DVD so we can send it to grandparents and other family. The modern age is creeping up on me. Before you know it I will figure out "facebook".

The wait is getting harder as time passes. MaryEllen and I sat and watched the video of the girls during dinner last night. We can't wait to have them home. Before we know it the weather will start to change, and we will be taking the girls to the park and on walks. Hopefully the next update will include a travel date. We keep praying.

3 comments:

Stephanie and Dennis said...

I pray that you get your court date soon. The quicker you get back, the quicker you can come home. I have to say, we have been home 1 month with Cassidy (from Kras) and she is adjusting WELL!!! Better then expected.

I hope you recieve good news soon.
Stephanie

Kris said...

You'll get a court date within a month. We worked with the same agency and have our boy with us for 2 months now. Email me if you have any questions. jkmjancso@yahoo.com
Kris

sweetpeanme said...

I was so excited to stumble across your blog! Sounds like you are well on your journey to get your little ones! I am just starting out in my journey (haven't even done the home study!) but I am enjoying reading your blog so that I may glean as much info as I can!!! :o)