Monday, November 17, 2008

Many people have expressed their sympathy over the loss of the girls. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Our current status is that we are waiting again. The person in charge of referring children in Russia has been on vacation the last part of October and first part of November. She is back to work now, and our agency expects to see more referrals this month and next before they shut down for the Holidays in the first few weeks of January. We are encouraged by our coordinator that they will begin right away to find us two more children. We are not pushed to the back of the list.

We are looking forward to visiting with some family over the next few months, and are ready if necessary to make our first trip to Russia before Christmas. Of course, we are not in charge of the timing, but we know that our God, who is a God of order, has a perfect plan. We wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving, and pray that you will remember the true reason for this established Holiday beginning in 1863. If you have children, or are curious yourself, you may want to do some research and read Lincoln's Thanksgiving Day address from 1863. Scholars believe he was a committed Christian by this time in his life, and certainly his address reflects his beliefs.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

jleigh said...

My heart goes out to you. I had a similar experience with my first referral. I was ready to go and meet him after 2 months of pictures and planning. I received a call that "tell the lady the boy is gone". It is amazing how attached a person get get to a photograph and an idea. A few months went by, and I did get a new referral for a wonderful child. I have met him, and feel a very strong bond already. I trust God has placed my first boy with a loving family, I am sure he has placed your girls as well. Continue to pray for them.
I'm looking forward to hearing about what God sends in to your care.....
J